For my Spring shopping list I keep coming back to the classics & the comfortable – but with a twist.
1. My JCrew BRIDE sailor tee // I love a classic JCrew stripped shirt, and now that I’m newly a bride-to-be I couldn’t say no to this one
2. Minnetonka Thunderbird Boat Soles // My Minnetonka collection keeps growing with the addition of this pair from EBay, and I really should do a whole post on moccasins. I like these since you get the comfort and strength with the boat shoe bottom. Though I think for my next pair I’ll get a more classic soft sole.
3. JCrew Factory airspun baseball sweater in colorblock // I’ve yet to tire of classic baseball t-shirts. This one is a lightweight sweater that will be great for spring, and I can dress up with a necklace for work.
4. MOTHER Rascal Straight Jeans // I’m still into all my skinnies, but have started thinking of adding in some straight leg jeans into my rotation to keep things fresh.
5. Velvet Nyleen India Challis Tunic // I’ve been big into tunics lately since they are comfy,and the loose fit hides the fact that it’s been a while since I hit up a pilates class. This one is a cool boho print, with a nice blousy, well made feel to it.
6. L.L. Bean Quilted Riding Jacket in Navy // Spring has been slow coming to NYC this year. I realized that I have plenty of winter jackets, and plenty of summer jackets – but not really anything for those in between days. This jacket fits the bill, with a nice preppy feel, slim cut, and plaid/corduroy details.
7. Luxe sweatpants // I spend lots of time in sweatpants, so I’ve decided to up my game into something a little fancier. I’ll probably mostly wear at home, but may also cuff and layer with a denim shirt and cute sneakers for spring weekends.
8. Madewell The Sidewalk Skimmer in Calf Hair // I recently nabbed a pair from Ebay, and they have become my go to office shoes. I especially love wearing these when I get to the office and realize I am wearing all black and/or grey but can pop these shoes on to add a little fun to my outfit.
9. Madewell Mini Cross Body Transport Tote in Peacan // I’m a huge fan of the regular Madewell Transport Tote, and only recently discovered that there is a smaller, cross body version. I especially love the blue striped lined interior, and extra pockets.
10. Birkenstock Arizona // I’ve long been a fan of the Gizeh in black patent leather and have worn my original pair into the ground. This year I decided it was time for a fresh new pair, so I grabbed the classic Arizona that has been popping up on so many pretty feet recently.
11. Vans Classic Slip-on in Black checkerboard // I always wanted a pair of Vans in high school – at the time I loved the lace up versions. But slip-ons have been on my mind for a long time now, and I think they will make a great pair of shoes to commute in all spring/fall. I went back and forth between the black and whited classic checkered slips-ons, but decided on the black checkered version to be a little different.