Well we’ve been enjoying an amazing NYC autumn with warm weather and leaves that actually changed color in the city for once, but sadly it looks like those days are about to end, and real winter will be arriving soon. I really enjoyed planning my outfits this fall, and as I start to pull out all my winter clothes I’ve been thinking about my “winter uniform” to make dressing and shopping easy (and hopefully a little fun!) as we hunker down for some cold dark months.
1. Jacket: I’ve had a warm hooded parka on my winter shopping list for several years now to rotate in with my regular black puffy coat, that sadly does not have a hood so is unwearable many windy/rainy winter days. Many of the cute army parkas are great to look at, but wouldn’t last one winter day in NYC. After seeing this Soia & Kyo parka, I started keeping an eye out for a more affordable version with faux fur. I love this Uniqlo A-line coat, but can’t decide between green or taupe.
2. Hat: I’ve become a big fan of Uniqlo’s Heatech line. This hat is perfect because it is soft and thin, but toasty warm.
3. Statement necklace: I’ve become a big fan of statement necklaces recently, and think nothing is better to liven up a neutral palette in the dead of winter then a fun bauble. I keep finding all kinds of amazing necklaces at H&M, and I love the orange/coral color pop on this one, but also like the contrast of the delicate shape worn with a chunky sweater.
4. Jeans: I’ve been living in my 7 for all Mankind “The Skinny” jeans since I picked up a used pair at a local consignment store. They are super stretchy, so very comfortable but still thick enough to be jeans and not leggings.
5. Socks: Heattech again! I have the short ankle pair, and need to stock up on the knee socks.
6. Booties: Mine are similar from a few season ago, but love that these booties just keep on showing up everywhere. This post at Les Anti-Modernes was my inspiration last fall for my original purchase.
What is your winter uniform?