I’m trying to get better at looking in my closet/make up drawer before buying anything new. Hopefully “Shop the closet first” will become my new motto. I’ve been pretty poor at this in the past, which is evident by the 20 tubes of mascara that are currently sitting in my bathroom.
For my spring make up, I wanted to try to keep things streamlined and minimal for everyday, with a pop of color and gloss for evenings and special occasions. Here is what I came up with…
1. NARS Orgasm lip gloss & pressed powder blush. I’ve had this kicking around in my purse for a while, the label is all worn down and the tube is probably close to empty. I held off buying anything in the Orgasm line for a while since I assumed it was popular just because of the gimmicky name. Turns out it isn’t a gimmick , it is popular because it is the best color out there. Pinky/gold/peach/sparkly!
2. Cargo bronzer. I’ve had this tub for I think over four years, and have just started to hit the bottom, so I’ve definitely gotten my moneys worth. It’s taken me some time to feel like I really know how to apply my summer bronzer. For me a light touch is key! When this tub is empty I am going to check out NARS Laguna based on the recommendation from Ramshackle Glam.
1. Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Foundation in fairly light N10. Bare Minerals is one of those products I got back and forth on. Sometimes I’ll stop using for months since I think the powder emphasizes my wrinkles and the color wears off by 2pm in the afternoon. Other times I feel like it is the perfect make up for my face with a healthy, dewey finish. For this spring I am back on the powder bandwagon and what could be better than this pretty gold lid?
2. Bare Minerals Redness Remedy: I haven’t been using this long enough to say if it works, but I have high hopes for the product. The older I get the redder my nose and chin get, and now I am getting some discolored spots on the apples of my cheeks (age spots????? ahhhhh!!!) I’ve cut down the use of my Clarasonic Mia to three times a week since I was worried that was aggravating the issue, and now I am looking for a powder solution as well. The brush is overkill, but it comes with the product.
3. Benefit They’re Real!: I actually bought this over the winter, but it never made it into my regular mascara rotation. I thought it irritated my eyes, and was hard to wash off at night. I finally started using it again this spring, and am liking it much more. Still looking for a good suggestion for make up remover though.
4. NARS Heat Wave: Finally! I’ve been eyeing this lipstick for going to two years now after obsessing over the red/orange lips of recent JCrew models, but my fear of orange kept stopping me. I was pretty happy with NARS Gipsy since it was a more brick red/blue that I was comfortable with, but for this spring (and after another JCrew catalog landed in the mail) I started thinking about Heat Wave again. It is exactly the right kind of POP that is called for on a warm spring evening.
What are your old/new make up picks for Spring 2012?